The first is my Ruffly Baby Flats! These are so cute with their little ruffles and their adorable shape.
Both of these patterns come in sizes 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-12 months. They also both come with complete photo tutorials (with pictures of every step of every size), stitch explanations and abbreviations, gauge, and extra notes to make the pattern easier to read!
So be sure to check these out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jayscrochetboutique?ref=si_shop
Now for the free pattern!!
These slippers are very easy and quick to make - you could easily make them in an afternoon. The greatest thing about them, though, is that with a change of hook, you can make them smaller to fit a child. So they are very versatile, too!
I name these Seaspray Slippers because this is the same stitch that I used to make my Seaspray Hat! It is a very fun, easy stitch once you get the hang of it :)
(The bottom doesn't have the cluster design, it is more solid :)
Here's the pattern:
150 yards worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Soft)
H (5mm) crochet hook or 4.5mm crochet hook (see notes below)
Cluster: (yarn over, insert hook into indicated stitch or space, pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops) 3x, yarn over and pull through all 4 loops on hook.
V-cluster: (note: v-clusters will always be worked between two cluster spaces) Cluster, ch1, cluster, ch1.
Crochet this slipper very tightly. I didn't have a 4.5 mm crochet hook at the time, so I used an H. But if you have a 4.5mm, I suggest using it. If you do use an H and crochet at a normal gauge, the slippers will turn out much too big!
1. Ch 3, (cluster, ch1) 5x into ring, sl st to top of ch-3.
2. Ch 2, 2dc in cluster, 2dc in ch1 space, 2dc in cluster, ch1, v-cluster in next 4 ch1 spaces. Sl st to top of ch2.
3. Ch 2, 2dc in next, (dc in next 2, 2dc in next) 2x, dc in ch1 space, ch 1, v-cluster in ch1 space of next 4 v-clusters, sl st to top of ch2 space.
4-8. (or until the top section is the length you want it to be) Ch 2, dc in next 9, ch1, v-cluster in ch1 space of next 4 v-clusters, slip stitch to top of ch2 space. Fasten off, weave in ends.
Turn work so that the top of the shoe is facing you (as pictured above). Now insert your hook into the ch1 space between the clusters of the v-cluster on the far left (as pictured below).
9. Ch 3, v-cluster in same space. Dc in next 9 dc's, ch1, v-cluster in next v-cluster.
10. Ch 2, turn. V-cluster in same space. Dc in next 9 dc's, ch1, v-cluster in next v-cluster.
Repeat round 10 until desired length.
Fold the back of slipper inside out and slip stitch down the fold (see two pictures below). Fasten off, weave in ends.
Join yarn in center of back of shoe. Ch 1, sc around top of entire shoe. Sl st to ch1 space.
11. Ch 1, sc in each stitch around. Sl st to ch1 space.
12. Sl st in each stitch around. Fasten off, weave in ends.
Make another slipper, and you're done!